Thursday 4 September 2008

Fitting In

I have committed a terrible sin and Robbie is beside himself with frustration and fury. I arrived home from work last night totally exhausted and struggling to walk because I have hurt my ankle, I sank into the chair and looked forward to relaxing with a nice cup of tea. My hopes were dashed when Robbie loomed in the doorway like the honey monster, at first words failed him (yes really!) but he was holding a large tomato ketchup bottle and gesticulating wildly, so I knew what was troubling him. I had bought the wrong size tomato ketchup bottle! Unfortunately Robbie regained the powers of speech, and he continued to moan about it all evening, in fact he was still bleating on about it when he went off to work this morning. He insists that it will not fit in the right place in the fridge and he is unwilling to let me put it in a different place in the fridge because he claims that he would have to rearrange the entire fridge! This obsessiveness about the fridge really drives me mad but as the saying goes 'what can't be cured must be endured' so if it makes him feel better he will have to rearrange the fridge. I bought the larger size because it was on offer and much cheaper than usual, in fact I am tempted to stock up while it is on offer! Life is all about compromise, in my case I allow Robbie to be the 'King of the Fridge' but he has to compromise too, so the large size stays. After all he needs another late night lift on Saturday, so he may decide that the ketchup bottle is not such a big deal in the end.

No comments: