Tuesday 1 July 2008

King of the Fridge

People often ask how I cope with Robbie, mostly his idiosyncrasies don't really bother me, but sometimes the little things make me furious. I have written about Robbie's obsessive control of the fridge before. The 'post it' notes on the food drive me mad, I don't need to be told to 'use this first' or 'don't eat this' who made him the King of the Fridge anyway?

At just after midnight Robbie informed me that he'd enjoyed his evening meal but he would have liked to have an egg with it. I wondered why he should mention it now, so many hours after his meal and I asked him why he hadn't done himself an egg if he wanted one. He explained that we had none because he had thrown them away as they were out of date. I was furious, he had actually thrown away a brand new box of 12 large free range eggs! I conveyed my feelings to him and he explained that when he looked last week the eggs were nearly out of date and I hadn't informed him that I had bought new ones and thrown out the old ones, so when he was sorting out the fridge he threw them away. So apparently now he has taken on sole responsibility for stock control! I don't know why he couldn't read the use by date or why he didn't realise that the box of eggs was full, but his excuse was absolutely pathetic!

I took myself off to bed muttering darkly and planning my revenge – a mouse trap in his bed sounds suitably painful!

No comments: