Monday 3 December 2007

Introducing Robbie

Robbie is 'for decorative purposes only' by that I don't mean that he has film star good looks, whatever it is that makes him attractive is more than skin deep. He has lovely blue eyes, his own wacky style and a great sense of humour. His enthusiasm for any new task that comes his way is boundless, but it is not always matched by practical ability! That's what I mean by for decorative purposes only!! 


On a Sunday a couple of weeks ago he finally carried out his threat to finish decorating the bathroom. It proved a severe test of stamina - for me! First he filled some holes with expanding filler, he managed to stick his fingers together, and the wall looked as if we had a sudden outbreak of dry rot! I was still dealing with the aftermath of that when he reappeared in the kitchen covered in white hammerite paint, he had set about painting the door frame and got it all over his clothes. I left him armed with a bottle of white spirit and I came back to find he had used my washing up cloths – and put them back! Finally with wet gloss paint nearby he decided to sand the walls with his new sander - we now have textured paint around the door frames. Thankfully after that he stopped for a rest!"

No comments: