Monday 3 December 2007

The Fridge Police

When I first met Robbie it wasn't 'love at first sight' but he has an energy and enthusiasm that is really unusual. He is interested in almost everything and he hoards nuggets of random information that tend to spill out at the oddest of times. He is passionate about trains, music, clothes, gadgets - the list goes on, it is one of his most attractive traits. I wouldn't want to change him, but sometimes life would be easier if he wasn't quite so passionate about the little things!

When we do the supermarket shop Robbie always takes responsibility for putting the food away, he is particularly possessive about the fridge. If anyone tries to be helpful (or brave) and alters the storage arrangements Robbie will take everything out and repack it to his satisfaction. Everything has it's own designated place. One day while shopping I picked up a different shaped bottle of tomato sauce because it was much better value. I got ‘the look’ - the Paddington bear stare with the pouting lip; I ignored it and told him not to be silly. Hostilities escalated and I was treated to a rather uncoordinated dance in the style of an angry troll, when this also failed he stalked off in search of his dignity. You may well ask why there was so much fuss about one bottle of tomato sauce - it was because the different bottle shape would not fit the fridge!! Ok I admit that I left Robbie in no doubt that I would have little difficulty in fitting it somewhere else! We have had no problems with sauce bottles since then, but the tea, coffee and sugar containers are an ongoing saga!

No comments: